Root:1 Cabernet Sauvignon
The sun-drenched Maipo Valley is home to world-renowned Cabernet Sauvignon with rich color and full body.
Vineyard & Production Info
Winemaking & Aging
Root:1 has developed and implemented five pillars of sustainability: Clean Energy, Water Conservation, Waste Management, Minimal Intervention, and Community Connection, which guide its farming and winemaking practices.
- Clean Energy – Root:1 uses solar power for energy, and the large-scale underground gravity cellar generates an even temperature throughout the year without air conditioning or heating.
- Water Conservation – The absolute minimum water necessary is used, and 100% of the process water from the winery is reused for irrigation.
- Minimal Intervention – Root:1 only uses interventions when necessary to protect the vine. Trichoderma, a natural fungus, is used instead of chemicals to control fungi, and products made from tea and citrus extract control botrytis.
- Waste Management – They reuse 85% of their inorganic materials and 100% of their vineyard waste as fertilizer.
- Community Connection – 100% of Root:1’s production team comes from local communities in central Chile, and they support different projects with the community, including the reconstruction of the “Los Pecesitos” school after the 2010 earthquake.