A tribute to Louis Edmund Henschke (1919-1990), the fourth-generation grower of the Hill of Grace vineyard. His expertise as a vigneron has resulted in a legacy in the form of the famous vineyard being maintained using long-term organic principles. The semillon is a reserve selection from 50-year-old vines, grown in the Henschke vineyard at Eden Valley.
About the Vineyard
A traditionally wet winter, mild spring and excellent fruit set provided a great start to the 2015 vintage after four vintages with below average yields. Spring was dry and led into a very mild, dry summer with no disease, resulting in fruit with higher natural acidity, and incredible flavour and colour concentration.
The Henschke vineyards are nurtured under biodynamic principles. 5% aged for 8 months in seasoned 225L French barriques while the remaining 95% is aged in tank on lees.
Pale green-gold in colour. Attractive aromas of lemon curd, almond and clover blossom florals, white currant and green apple, with hints of lemongrass and sweet pea. Generous flavours of lemon curd, white nectarine and lemon thyme fill the palate, which is beautifully balanced with a granny smith apple texture and polished minerality, crisp acidity and a deliciously long, dry finish.
BLUE SWIMMER CRAB WITH ZUCCHINI AND SEAWEED BUTTER