Villapanes Oloroso N/V
Villapanés is the name of the historic family estate that is situated in the heart of Jerez. As is traditional, this sherry is made entirely from noble Palomino grapes grown pure white albarizo soil. The elegance of this wine is due in part to a brief aging under flor before its oxidative aging period. It is considered by many to be the Oloroso par excellence.
Villapanés is a rich mahogany color and boasts seductive, toasty aromas of almonds, caramel, fig and a hint of floral perfume. On the palate it is dry, generous and full-bodied, with persistent and lasting flavors.
Pair with roast poultry, red meat or salty, aged cheeses.
- Vineyard name: Jerez de la Frontera
- Soil composition: Albariza
- Harvest time: September
- Bottles produced of this wine: 12,000
- Varietal composition: 100% Palomino
- Type of aging container: Barrels
- Size of aging container: 500 L
- Age of aging container: Over 50 years old
- Type of oak: American oak